Brescia – Footnotes
- January 2012 (http://demo.istat.it/).
- We hereby thank all the interviewees who devoted their time to answer our questions: Beatrice Valentini, Silvia Bonizzoni, Claudio Perlotto (municipal social services); Giorgio Maione (former town councillor for Social Services); Fabio Baresi (Bimbo chiama Bimbo); Santina Katiuscia Bugatti and Achille Gasparotti (Provincia di Brescia); Margherita Rocco and Manuela Archetti (Immobiliare Sociale Bresciana); Alessandro Augelli (Informagiovani and Cooperativa Il Calabrone); Giovanni Valenti (Ufficio Stranieri) and Giovanni Boccacci (Centro Migranti).
- The dote (literally endowment or dowry) is the voucher tool used for the development of a quasi-market approach in the provision of employment services (after introducing it in other policy areas), imposed by the Lombardy region to provinces and local providers (Sabatinelli and Villa 2011).
- Residual funds were individuated later on and used to integrate this amount and finance eight more vouchers.
- In the province of Brescia the targeted employment-insertion of disabled people concerns 200 persons a year, of which 100 forms the basis of national norms on compulsory hiring of disabled persons (national law nr. 68 introduced in 1999).
- Other activities carried out by the association include: study help; Pedibus (initiative to collectively walk children to and from school, in order to reduce the private use of cars for short itineraries active in various municipalities in Italy); vegetable gardening with children; leisure and socialisation activities for families; Scuola-Mestieri, apprenticeship project; various initiatives for self-financing of the association (e.g. selling handcrafts); and solidarity with Croatian households.
- National agency on behalf of the European Union for the support of agricultural production.
- Now the “Diocese Centre for Migrants”.
- Following the most intelligent positions found in the literature, which state that migrants have to be at least supported through housing inclusion and that no other policies should be developed for them.
- An example is given by the new modalities introduced for the public transportation of disabled people, not analysed in this report.